Loss of Set
Gullet cracks are a common problem which can stem from a great number of variables. Unlike most blade problems, the most likely causes for gullet cracks lie with the machine, and not the blade itself. Although most cases are unique, the following is a list of the most common reasons for gullet cracks.
- Chip brush hub hitting teeth.
- Wheel flange worn, teeth are riding on the wheel.
- Top guide is worn or is missing.
- Side guides are rubbing the set.
- Incorrect band width.
- Material too hard.
- Internal stress pinching the blade.
- Workpeice has moved.